If you're looking for a super-quick, super-sweet treat for your next summer soirée, try these darling and delicious sprinkle shortbread cookies. Their small size lends to a light snack that's sure to be a hit with everyone. Who doesn’t love brightly colored sprinkles?!
Cook time: 15 min. | Prep time: 10 min. | Yields: 8-10 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Simple Truth Organic sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Bright multicolored sprinkles
1. Start off by preheating the oven to 325°F.
2. Next, mix together the softened butter, organic sugar and almond extract until creamy.
3. After that, add in the organic flour and salt. Mix on a low speed until you create a crumbly dough. 4. Add in as many sprinkles as you want to the dough! For this recipe, I added in 4 tablespoons of sprinkles.
5. Knead the sprinkles into the dough by hand.
6. Once you have formed a solid mixture of dough, roll it out onto the counter or parchment paper until it is 1/2 inch thick.
7. Then use a knife to slice the dough into 1/2-inch mini squares.
8. Transfer the mini squares to a lightly greased cookie sheet.
9. Cook for 15 minutes, until the bottoms of the cookies are a golden brown.
10. Once done cooking, transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
This content was created in partnership with Kroger Family Stores using free products provided by Kroger.